Friday, January 29, 2010

Goodbye Facebook, Hello Blog!

Hello friends and family,


I have decided to get rid of my Facebook account as of Monday. It has become somewhat of an idol over the past few years, and I don't want it to take up all of my free time anymore. I still want to stay connected with friends and family on a regular basis, so I thought a blog would be a fun way to do that.


Things are going well for the Borge Trio. Mike is still teaching full time at Austin, though it appears this will be his last year there- by choice; and is taking two classes for his Masters this semester at UIC. He will be getting his degree next June, and is considering pursuing his Doctorate to become an Administrator.


Elliot is already almost 7 months old! She has four teeth- two on bottom and two on top. She looks super cutie, and is changing so much every day! She is also starting to crawl a little bit. It resembles something like a seal walk, as it is a little bit more of a reach and pull than a crawl, but she's getting close. At her 6 month check up she weighed in at 16lbs 7oz, exactly the 50th percentile. For height she is smack in the middle of the 25th and 50th and her noggin is just above the 50th. I think it means she is going to be a genius.


As for myself, I am also doing well. Having a bit of a battle between wanting to be at home with Elliot and feeling the need for a little bit more adult interaction on a daily basis. I have also taken a huge interest in baking and cooking lately. It seems to be a bit of an escape for me while Elliot naps! I'm keeping busy with being a coordinator for Tuesday Night Dinner's at our church in Lincoln Park, helping with a mom's group on Wednesday mornings, being part of a kickboxing Bible study on Wednesday nights, MOPS (moms of preschoolers) two Thursday's a month, and a married group on Thursday nights. I have been blessed to find the best group of friends a lady could ask for, and really enjoy spending time with and living life alongside of.


That's about all for now. Here's a cute picture of Elliot and her betrothed, Anderson :o)

1 comment:

  1. good for you leigh! you have a lot on your plate and it's good that you get some adult interaction, being a mommy can get rough...hope all is well for ya :)

    jen

    ReplyDelete